Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2000 rodeo red oil light after trans fluid leak?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Default 2000 rodeo red oil light after trans fluid leak?

hey all, new to a rodeo. i purchased my rodeo in oct last year.
rodeo 3.2 v6 2WD auto with 116k miles.

so the accumulator cover on the transmission started to leak. at that time i noticed the red oil light came on sometimes.

i had the accumulator seal replaced by mr transmission and fluid changed. the gears shift fine. but the red oil light is still there all the time now.

engine oil is fresh (300 miles old) and is full. engine runs really well. oil starts to go off at very high rpms.

is this red oil can light for engine oil or tranny oil?

any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thank you all.

Last edited by racermp; 01-26-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't own a Rodeo, but that red oil light has to be the engine I'm sure. It may not be that it's low on oil, but it may be receiving low oil PRESSURE. That's usually an oil pump problem, or engine bearings and/or journals. VERY low oil level will cause this light, but you've already eliminated that thought.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM

hey, thanks for the response. i looked all over the engine bay to trace the oil wire, it was cut. donno how. maybe the mr transmission messed with everything, cuz after i got it back, it had a heavy fuel leak from the fuel filter/hose connection that i know i didn't have because i checked when i had the transmission leak.

thanks for the input. good to know it's only for engine oil for future probs. lol

Old 02-01-2010, 01:52 PM

Nice, glad you got it figured out! Yeah, scAAMCO has messed with me twice when I had old SHO. I took it there for a transmission problem, never had ANY problems with the car not wanting to start, and the first time I dropped it off there I get a call that it won't start and that I have a wiring problem somewhere. 3 hours worth of labor later they fix it, drive my car into the bay, and they change out my clutch assembly. I bring the car back for a new clutch months later, due to them not using the special throw-out bearing that I originally provided that is needed in order to get more than 20k miles out of it, and suddenly I have a wiring issue again and the car won't start. I paid the labor again and I never took my car back.

Anyhow, transmission facilities and unrelated wiring issues seem to go hand-in-hand. Lol