Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Code P0401

Old 06-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Lately my 2001 Rodeo 4x4 has been throwing a check engine light on and off in the past few weeks.
Well in the past few days the light is on 24/7.
I went to AutoZone to get the code pulled and it came up with a P0401 Code.
When Reading the scanner it said EGR Flow Insufficient Detected</font>.
How can I go about fixing this problem without taking it to a mechanic.
I am very new to this vehicle since my father just passed it on to me.
Today I went to start it and when I went to put it into reverse it almost stalled out on me.
Also I am novice when it comes to this engine.
I am only familiar with the Toyota 3.4L in my trail truck.
I looked that the throttle body (or least what I believe it is because of where the air intake runs to)
I played with what I thought was the throttle but it must have not been because every time in slightly touched it, the car would stall.
Are these vehicles equipped with an electronic throttle?
I am sorry to sound like such a newbie but I would really like to get this thing up and running since using my Lifted Toyota 4Runner is not such a good DD.

Thanks for the help.
Eddie

Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 PM

You need to clean your EGR valve and the tube inside the the manifold. Heres a link to more info and how-to's

http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq1

'01 rodeos are drive by wire (no throttle cable). Dont turn the throttle on the throttle body by hand with the vehicle running. It will get the sensors out of synch and cause problems.

Edited by: Gizmo42

Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 PM

Thanks again for the help Dave
Both with this problem and the ABS.
Gotta Learn These things.
Next is lift... Even though I really want to use this as a DD, some lift can't hurt right?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Mine is my daily driver and i have a 3" lift on it. Have to take corners a little bit slower but not much. Will be better when I get larger tires that stick out farther, more stability. Much more capable offroad now even with just 3" of lift. I dont have to drive around small rocks anymore (stupid low hung gas tank!)

Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Yeah I have that issue in the Runner too.
But yeah.
I never thought I could lift it till i started searching for a forum to post this issue and get a load of picks of lifted issues and passports.
I almost fell out of my chair.
When I showed my dad he started to regret handing the truck over to me.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Banned

Timex �C Vintage Field Army Watch| As part of J.Crew recent inventory updates the online shop now has the Timxe Vintage Field Army Watch. According to the J.Crew site: It's based on an iconic 1940s military style from the Timex archives (and only available here) we gave it a new subtly distressed off-white dial face Arabic numerals and an olive-toned watch strap As part of J.Crew recent inventory updates the online shop now has the Timxe Vintage Field Army Watch. According to the J.Crew site: It's based on an iconic 1940s military style from the Timex archives (and only available here) fake senator watch we gave it a new subtly distressed off-white dial face Arabic numerals and an olive-toned watch strap. Like our other version valjoux 7750 movement bvlgari watch this piece is built for the trenches: it has a quartz analog movement and is water resistant to 50 meters. Definitely a must have for someone looking for something in the vintage department in terms of watches. Would also go well with the military motorcycle we just posted below. Available now at J.Crew. Excerpt from: Timex �C Vintage Field Army Watch

Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 AM

Will be better when I get larger tires that stick out farther, more stability. Much more capable offroad now even with just 3" of lift. I dont have to drive around small rocks anymore.