Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Door stuck new to isuzu

Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Default Door stuck new to isuzu

Hello! I recently purchased a 95 rodeo. I love it. my husband ...... not so much. We have had to do some wormk on it already.
A major problem now (one of them) that we are stumped on is....
How to open the rear pass. door. It is not completely closed either, no air leaks in or water BUT, you can fit two fingers between the seal on the body and were the door panel is suppose to 'snug' against it. we have tried the 'pulling on both handles at the same time thing' yeah didn't work. I can't get the panel off with completely messing it up. (and from reading a few posts on here, it is not so easy to replace.
Also have issues with the signals. Flashers work but, not the signals, changed the flasher already, checked fuses, switch clickms, you can hear the sounds of the signals working but, no actual light flashes in or outside of the vehicle. Any ideas?????
Thanks

Last edited by garrettc553; 01-20-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-23-2011, 08:17 AM

The door locks on these dry out and sieze, youll have to either rip off the inner panel or damage the outer handle to free up the mechanism, locks are available at the dealer for around 80.00, handles are available from local boneyards, check car-part.com
There is usually a separate flasher for signals and 4 way, usually the contacts wear out in the multifunction switch, they are about 180 from dealer, or you can try taking it apart and cleaning the contacts and lubing it up with dialetric grease youyrself. Youll need a puller to take the steering wheel off though.
good luck
jsutin

Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Thanks for your time. I am having my father lookm at the signals and I get to mess with the door this weekend. I was hoping I wouldn't have to take off the entire panel but, just my luck.... Thanks again!