Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Gas smell, but no leaks 94 Rodeo

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 PM

OK I just bought a 94 Rodeo. When I picked it up I went to the gas station and put about quarter of a tank. Got it home fine, but smelt gas fumes. I checked for leaks and non visible. The smell went away after a little bit of driving and I just thought it was because the truck sat for a long time. This past Friday I filled it up and smelt gas again, but no leaks. In between the first and the last time of putting gas in it I smelt fumes once in a while, but always went away and never any leaks. I decided to take it in. The shop I went to I have been to before and I have been somewhat pleased. When I called the guy the next day he said there are about 4 small leaks and he did not want to quote me a price or fix it. I just think he did not need the business or the headache. When my brother n law and I changed the fluids and the fuel filter we noticed the lines are in good shape and the tank is in good shape for a 94. When I told my brother n law what the guy at the shop said he said the guy was nuts. So what can cause a smell of gas some times, mostly when I put gas in to it and no visible leaks. I love this truck and I only paid 760 dollars for it so I can put some money in to it. Please help save my truck. < src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 04-13-2008, 03:07 AM

mine was the filler hose was so old and cracked. when you take the cap off can you hear the pressure release? id check the filler hose (from tank to filler)< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>