Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Code p0401 egr insufficient flow

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Default Code p0401 egr insufficient flow

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L V6 that gives me no real trouble at all....just that the check engine light wont go out. The Code is p0401 egr insufficient flow detected. So I changed the egr valve and gasket thinking it was just that but after driving it for a while the check engine light came back on with the same code. One thing I noticed about my car is that while stopped at a light or wherever I can take my foot off the brake and it wont accelerate. I have to lightly tap the gas to get her to move....Im starting to think whatever is making the check engine light come on with that code has something to do with that. I am starting to think that my TPS might need to be changed which to me makes perfect sense. I hope that someone can help me out. I have to pass inspection this thursday or i am **** out of luck!! Really need help!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 PM

i dont think it would be the tps. have you checked your vacuum lines? and how many miles are on your vehicle?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:55 AM

HEY there... I have some IFO i want to share with this issue...

replaceing the EGR valve does not fix the issue all the time!!!
If the tubing and passage ways are all gummed up, full of gunk, then of course you will recieve bad flow....
you have to clean out the tube from the EGR Valve to exhaut manifold....AS well as the passageway, from EGR into upper plenum.

Go and get a cheap throttle cable, or speed O cable, can be junk and not work..

Remove the Egr valve and gasket

YOU need the "Outer Sheilding" anyway...make sure that it is long enough to go all the INTO the exhaut manifold itself....do that one first...then, remove the "PLUG' at the under side of the mount right below where the EGR Valve sits...shorten up the cable, so it will have more rigidy...clean that passage way out...use a shop vac and suck out all you can from both the tubing, and the passage way...(HINT> at the end of the cable, that will be going into the tube and such, I took and bent it out, almost like a little wire scrapper PLUS I used a drill to work like the "Rotor-Router Man" and scrape that crap out)
RE-install the EGR valve and gasket.

Reconnect the wiring...

DONE
Certainly hope this can help those with this issue...
tanx

Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by partagas
HEY there... I have some IFO i want to share with this issue...

you have to clean out the tube from the EGR Valve to exhaut manifold....AS well as the passageway, from EGR into upper plenum.

Go and get a cheap throttle cable, or speed O cable, can be junk and not work..

Remove the Egr valve and gasket

YOU need the "Outer Sheilding" anyway...make sure that it is long enough to go all the INTO the exhaut manifold itself....do that one first...then, remove the "PLUG' at the under side of the mount right below where the EGR Valve sits...shorten up the cable, so it will have more rigidy...clean that passage way out...use a shop vac and suck out all you can from both the tubing, and the passage way...(HINT> at the end of the cable, that will be going into the tube and such, I took and bent it out, almost like a little wire scrapper PLUS I used a drill to work like the "Rotor-Router Man" and scrape that crap out)
RE-install the EGR valve and gasket.
Are you referring to the valve the connects to the EGR valve? I used a metal wire to try to clean out the gunk, but I was afraid of how deep to go. I have a 2ftlong wire. will that be too long or not long enough? and is it safe to spray carbon cleaner in it?

Old 12-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Banned

01 / 11
Last week a lange sohne watch franck muller colour dreams replica watches West was on hand at Environment in Los Angeles to celebrate the launch of their Freedom Suite. We were on hand for the kickoff event to check out the work created for the event. Take a look cheap girard perregaux worldwide time control watches after the jump.
Photography: Matt Schow for Curated