Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Squeaky Underbody

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 07:37 PM

I have a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo and the underbody squeaks almost constantly while it's in motion. It seems to lessen at high speeds but that may only be because it's drowned out by road noise. Is there an easy fix to this?... Anybody with the same problems?

Old 07-17-2006, 02:06 AM

lukeshow...I recently, this past week actually, gave up on my 1999 Rodeo. For the past year and a half, I had the most awful squeaking noise coming from the underbody. I used a whole can of WD40 trying to stop it about two months ago, but I found that it was coming from a place underneath the Rodeo that was covered by some type of cover...what I guess I'm saying is, there was no way in hell to get to the squeak so I gave up! It will continually get worse trust me. Every bump in the road, everything made it squeak constantly. Wish I could help you...Alabama

Old 08-13-2006, 03:06 PM

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">that sucks now mine is squeking had i not read this thread i probably would have never noticed it[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Old 08-16-2006, 03:00 PM

I know it says something about lubricating different parts of the under body in my passport manual. I'll let you guys know what I find. Mine squeeks too, its very annoying. This car was just given to me so now I'm on a misson to fix all the problems it has forcheap.

Problems: abs, squeeky chassis, blown rear speakers, slow oil leakEdited by: passport105

Old 08-17-2006, 02:31 PM

BODY LUBRICATION (1994 Honda Passport EX manual)

Normal use of a vehicle causes metal-to-metal movement at certain points in the body. Noise, wear and improper operation at these points will result when a protective film of lubricant is not provided.

For exposed surfaces such as door checks, door lock bolts, lock striker plates, etc., apply a thin film of light engine oil.

The seat adjusters and seat track should be lubricated with water resistant EP Chassis Lubricant.

There are other points on the vehicle body which may occasionally require lubrication. Window regulators and controls are confined in the space between the upholstery and the outside door panel. Easy access to the working parts may be made by removing the trim. Door weatherstrips and rubber hood bumpers should be lightly coated with a rubber lubricant.

Front (4WD Only*) and Rear Propeller Shaft

Lubricate the sliding yoke with EP Chassis Grease. Lubricate universal joints with grease containing MoS2 (molybdenum disulfide-type grease) at the intervals shown in the Maintenance Schedule. Also check the propeller shaft flange-to-pinion bolts for proper torque of 64 Nm (46.3 ft. lb).
*Most lubrication recommendations and procedures for four-wheel drive-equipped vehicles are the same for the corresponding components in conventional drive vehicles.