Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2000 Rodeo - Will not start!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:10 PM

2000 Rodeo LS v-6 two-wheel drive. This is my wifes' car. About a month ago, she called and told me the car wouldn't start. I went home got in the car, turned the key....It started no problem. Hasn't happened since then. Until this morning!!!! We were running late for church, so we are in a hurry putting kids in the car & everything else. get in turn the key & nothing.....I did notice that the clock on the dash was blank, But I got all the other acc. lights on the dash (brake light, check engine....etc.etc.) When we got back I checked the battery & cables...OK. Checked all fuses......OK. Checked starter & cables.....OK. My friend (who is a mechanic) told me to check the ignition module, Didn't know what that was.......So he came over and checked......OK. He checked everything he thought it could be...OK. He said it could possibly be the computer, But couldn't check that without his dio machine, Which will cost $75.00 just to put it on the machine!!!!!

H E L P..........Anyone got a clue?????? Thanks for any help.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

when it does start, ever have any check engine lights? what did you do to evenetually get it to start, or is it still dead? is it an automatic or manual?

perhaps it is the netral safety switch going bad?

Old 03-28-2005, 12:25 PM

When it does start, No check engine lights or anything like that. Starts and runs normally......It is running this morning, Don't know what I did to get it going!!!! It has a v-6 automatic. My dad seems to think it may have a dead spot in the starter bendix(sp).....I may just have to kiss the $75.00 away to have it put on the dio machine! Thanks....HL

Old 05-08-2005, 01:28 AM

Hello hardline, I'm not really sure about your year, but I had a similar problem in my 1991 model. hek to see if there is a connection down around the battery compartment area. Look for a male/ female plug conection w/same color wire (single wire) the clip may be broken which keeps it connected. That was my proble a couple of times. Hope that helps!

Old 08-25-2005, 07:05 PM

I have a similar problem... 2000 Rodeo V6... When fuel level gets low the check engine light does come on. Thing is, you could have 1/2 a tank, turn a corner, and the fuel guage then shows "E" and the check engine light comes on. The fuel guage isn't consistent at all once it goes below 1/2 tank. If you park in idle for a while (really, it takes a few minutes) the fuel guage does rise again... I do know the "check engine" light relates to air getting into the fuel line (ie. the gas cap being left off). Could this problem be a fuel filter, fuel injector, or what???

Assistance is appreciated.

Old 08-30-2005, 02:30 PM

This is in response to Indy500.

Isuzu Rodeos have a known problem with the fuel sending unit. Some are intermittent, and some just go out.

If you have a Power Train warranty this is covered. Trick is that the
dealer may say that it isn't. Call Isuzu Customer Service and speak to
them.