Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2000 Passport (aka Rodeo) will not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Default 2000 Passport (aka Rodeo) will not start

Help me out guys/gals!

My daughter has a 2000 Honda Passport. Engine was changed last year and for a year the car has been doing great. Recently she parked the vehicle in her driveway and went back out the next day and it would crank but not start.

Here are the diagnostics we have done so far:

Removed a coil pack, installed a spare plug and spark was good and consistent

Fuel pressure is 40psi at the MPFI rail

If I put fuel in the manifold it will briefly run.

Car info : 3.2L V6 Automatic. Has keyless entry and I have the original key and fob.

My thought is something to do with the injection system, but the Haynes manual is terrible about how to diagnose injection issues. I have mechanics, electronics skill and have multi-meters and tools at my disposal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Rockabye74; 06-26-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:59 AM

Car still won't run ...

Items checked or replaced so far:

Fuel Pressure (checked - 45psi)
Timing Belt (checked)
Compression (checked)
Cam Position sensor (replaced)

I have purchased a noid light kit and will be checking for pulses going to the injectors. As a recap to those joining in:

Car will crank but will not start. If I put fuel in the intake manifold it will run briefly. Car was running and being driven the day prior to it entering this condition.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Well, my day just keeps getting better and better. I tested a couple of the injector plugs with the noid light and I am not getting any pulses to the injectors which I assume means I still have a problem in the electrical system. Since I have replaced the cam position sensor and have tried another ECM I am not sure where to go from here. My next stop may be the dealership and just hope that they can find it without killing me on price.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rockabye74
Well, my day just keeps getting better and better. I tested a couple of the injector plugs with the noid light and I am not getting any pulses to the injectors which I assume means I still have a problem in the electrical system. Since I have replaced the cam position sensor and have tried another ECM I am not sure where to go from here. My next stop may be the dealership and just hope that they can find it without killing me on price.

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get it fix?

Please advise . Email address is "toanntrac@yahoo.com".

Tntrac

Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 AM

I have had a similar issue on a 2000 Rodeo. I did the noid light check and got nothing. I thien used a Voltmeter and found that I was sending 12v to the injector but was only receiving like 1.2 volts. I traced it back and found a factory engine wire harness plug had a bad connection in one of the three plugs near the air cleaner box, between it and the drivers fender. You may also want to check the wiring going to the CKP, crank position sensor. I had an older that chaffed and grounded out. Had 2 other mechanics stumped, )1 did a fuel pump, filter etc., )the other did a icm and coils to no avail. ended up just the chaffed wire on the oil pan.

Give us some feedback when you can. Rodeos are fun and good vehicles. Their electrical is a little on the lower side of high quality though. I am now on my 13 Rodeo.