Impulse Talk about Isuzu Impulse related topics here...

New member pointers?

Old 09-02-2007, 12:38 PM

Hey everyone, new member. I'm looking at possibly buying a '92 impulse rs, awd, turbo, etc.

Before I make a decision, could anyone help me out with things I should know about this model? I've only owned Mazda Rx-7's so far, so I know nothing about this car. I'm really looking for something that is a bit less problematic than my rx-7's.

So anyway- can you give me some good search topics? Any known issues with this model that I should know about before buying? Any random wisdom you can provide is super-greatly appreciated.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Also, just curious: what kind of gas mileage am I looking at for a stock awd turbo impulse?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 AM

I haven't had a lot of major problems with my 91 RS. I've done the regular maintenance, oil, spark plugs, brakes, fuel filter. I've ownedthe car for almost 9 years now and put about 80,000 miles on it myself. I get about 30 mpg, that's mostly highway driving and not punching it a lot. I've gotten worse mileage when I see the turbo pressure gauge on the high end.

The main thing that you need to be aware of is that it is an older car that wasn't made for very long.Some parts are interchangeable with Geo Storm parts, other parts are not and are specific to the impulse and some are specific to the RS. The RS is a rare car and some parts have to come from Japan if they are available. Somebody else just posted a thread about not being able to find a window. I don't know how that compares with rx-7's so I can't tell you that it is any better.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Banned

I’ve never made a secret of my respect for Patek Philippe. Not only does the company manufacture some of the world’s most highly regarded timepieces it markets them with a taste and sophistication that never fails to impress me.Last Wednesday that impression was bolstered even further. I attended a breakfast event at Patek Philippe’s first freestanding boutique in the United States which opened July 27 on Beverly Hills’ famed Rodeo Drive. Owned and operated by Gearys a Beverly Hills institution for the past 82 years the boutique sits adjacent to a Rolex boutique also operated by Gearys (and opened in June).Gearys' new Patek Philippe boutique sits next door to its Rolex boutique on Beverly Hills' famed Rodeo Drive.Gearys owner Thomas Blumenthal has carried Patek for just eight years. I say “just” because so many of the watchmaker’s relationships with retailers span decades—at eight years Gearys is surely among its newest accounts. Yet for the brand to partner with him on its first boutique in the U.S. and only its seventh location worldwide means the retailer is clearly doing something right.Larry Pettinelli president of Patek Philippe USA replica michele csx replica oris oris tt3 swiss watch was in town for the press event and provided some context to the brand’s decision. “We always had a great presence on Rodeo with Fred Joaillerie for years then with Tiffany replica swiss watches ” Pettinelli told me. “When Fred went out of watches and the business one of their people Mary Conner moved over to work with Tom.”From that seed sprung a fruitful partnership. At the breakfast event Blumenthal a third-generation jeweler said that he began searching for a retail space for the Patek boutique at the end of 2009 (ambitious fake tissot watch to say the least—that year will always be remembered as the nadir of the financial crisis). When he finally found it Patek arranged to have the French designer Patrick Gaguech fly out to oversee the decorating. Having created salons for the brand in Geneva Paris and London Gaguech took the 1 250 square foot former Valentino store and styled it after Patek’s Paris flagship whose Art Deco lines birdseye maple and Indian rosewood panels and custom chandelier epitomize the brand’s refined aesthetic.What’s more Patek Philippe created a one-of-a-kind cloisonné enamel dome clock to commemorate the opening. The clock depicts the valley quail California’s state bird in cloisonné enamel one of the brand’s esoteric specialities. Blumenthal said the very first one already sold for $117 000.Patek Philippe created a one-of-a-kind cloisonné enamel dome clock to commemorate the opening.At a time when many retailers are fretting about the true intentions of their brand vendors—the concern often boils down to: are they plotting to open their own boutiques in the area and cut their retail clients out of the picture?—it’s refreshing to see a retailer-brand partnership that’s mutually beneficial.“We’ve made a conscious decision not to undermine our retailers ” Pettinelli told me. “I understand why brands want to own their own stores: They don’t always get represented the way they should. We almost have the opposite problem: We can’t get our retailers enough product.”Pettinelli said Patek’s worldwide door count has shrunk over the past five years from somewhere north of 600 to 440. “The stores that are left are really passionate swiss breguet replica ” he said. “We try to look for independents where the owner is in the store. We can’t expect the salespeople to have the same passion. Sometimes there’s a disconnect if the owner’s not in the store.”To hear Pettinelli tell it Patek’s new West coast boutique is very much a reflection of Blumenthal's vision. “The amount of time effort and financial commitment he made to develop this and the Rolex store is really impressive—especially on the heels of the recession ” Pettinelli said.“This is a very important part of the country for us a lot of collectors in the area ” he continued. “And the commitment from Tom—we’re very happy.”