Hombre Talk about Isuzu Hombre related topics here...

Squeaky Isuzu Hombre

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Hi, I drive a squeaky '98 Isuzu Hombre.

The squeaks will occur about 5 minutes after being on the road. It comes from underneath the car - can't tell exactly where but definitly front end. The squeaks go along with the wheel as it turns. So ever 1 turn of the wheel I get 1 squeak. When at full speed it's obviously one big long squeak. When I apply my breaks - the squeak goes away (I think this may rule out bad break pads). The squeak is independant of the transmission as when I'm in neutral and coasting down the highway it will still squeak as much as if I was in gear. Again though - everytime I apply my breaks it goes away. On days that it rains the squeaks take longer to show up then dry days. My conclusion is something needs to be lubed but I don't know what =/

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 AM

I would check your Power Steering fluid. If it is totally brake related...ie: it stops upon braking, then it may be something on the brake pad that stops due to pressure on the pad. Also, the belt tensioner pulley can "Chirp" if it is worn.. This usually will happen when AC is turned on, and go away when turned off..

Old 08-01-2007, 08:34 AM

I had an ole S10 do that exact same thing . It drove me nuts for months. I had several mechanics look at it. I finally took it to a buddy who worked in a muffler shop. Turned out it was dirt under the little lip of the rubber boot/seal on the center drive shaft carrier. Im sure dirt under the rear tranny seal would do the same. He took a small pick and pulled out the dirt and problem solved.