General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

no power on ignition lead

Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Question no power on ignition lead

Hi Guys

I am hoping I am posting this int he correct place.

I am having some frustration with my Isuzu KB220 petrol (I am in South Africa)

about 2-3 months ago, one of my valve spring broke and caused some trouble, everything was sent to engineering , etc... and about a week ago everything was finally put back together (I did not do this myself as my knowledge is very limited so it was done by a mechanic that I know).

Since then, however, I have been having some issues with the bakkie vibrating like it would do in my other vehicles when a spark plug has gone awol... the second problem I faced was that when driving and keeping a constant speed it would feel like the vehicle is jerking then suddenly give a burst of power again.

So I swopped the plugs out again thinking some of the new ones we put in were bad (did a service on the vehicle as well while it was stripped).

this did not resolve the problem.

I then found that one of the ignition leads was broken at the coil side, and after a mission and a half today I finally found some new ignition leads but this still did not resolve the problem.

I then put in some injector cleaner to see if the jerking goes away figuring that there might be some buildup of some sort seeing that it was standing for a while.

The injector cleaner fluid took away the jerking while driving at constant speeds, however it is still there when trying to drive up a hill for instance.

So, the next thing I tested was to leave the vehicle in idle, then one by one pull out the ignition leads to check if they make a difference.

I found that all the leads had very clear power to it and once unplugged you could hear the difference, however one cable on plug nr2 had nothing.

When unplugged the idle stays exactly the same and there is absolutely no sparks or power coming from the lead like the others.

I tested this with 3 different cables and even swopped that spark plug again, but no luck.

After all this troubleshooting and having to pay everyone , I am now running out of funds without any resolution.

Is there perhaps anyone on here that might be able to assist me in what might be wrong here...

I would really appreciate the assistance as I am at wits end at the moment...

regards