Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

trooper turbo trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM

hello,

I've a problem with my trooper 3l TD I'm wondering if anybody can give me advice?

I'm getting a loud(hard to describe) hissing howling noise coming from my engine. itonly happens every so often and disappears. i havetaken it to a mechanic and he says it's the turbo but didn't sound to confident to me. so i took it to another and he says it might not be the turbo, when he drove it there was no noise, he took of the hose and felt for play on the little fan inside the turbo there wasn't much it moved probably 2mm.

earlier in the year the glow plugs were not working so i got them changed which turned out to be costly. the plugs were stuck inside the tip had meltedand couldn't pass up the shaft, the cylinder head had to come off and the plugs machined out. during this job the mechanic told me that he cant get the seals for the injectors any more cause Isuzu had problems with them so they modified the injectors, that meant i had to put new injectors in the engine also. then he tells me that i need to skim the head cause it had been exposed,now i have been told thatunder no circumstancesyou canyou skim the head.

so is the turbo broken or is it normal to have 2mm play on the fan?

is my problem down to the new injectors which i think are cheap parts not genuine Isuzu parts?

i have also been told that Isuzu are recalling the turbo for the 2000 troopers is this true??

is it OK to skim the cylinder head or did he try to rip me off??

in need of someanswers

Marc