Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:26 AM

To make a long story short, my sister has a 2002 rodeo sport and it is having major problems. I had to go pick her up and pull her vehicle into a parking lot with my truck and then drive her home. I hope that someone will be able to help me fix her car or provide me with some insight. Here's the problem...The engine has been shutting down on her at times where she drives over a speed bump or a pot hole in the road. It also happened to me when i just backed the vehicle out of a parking space today. The check engine and check transmission light come on along with many other lights (cruise control light) and then the engine shuts down. The engine shut down six times from one destination to another, altogether about 8 miles. So here is the most recent information from my sister's point of view....anyone speak blonde?

Sister's description: "all the lights turn on and blink and then my car turns off"

Me: "Ok...other than the check engine, cruise control, and check transmission light, is there anything else that happens before the vehicle shuts off?"

Sister's description (THIS IS GOOD, i got a good laugh): "there is dumbbell thingy..."

Me: "WHAT?!"

Sister's description (IT GETS BETTER): "you know...a light that's like a dumbell, well not a dumbell....that thing that falls on wiley e coyote's head in those roadrunner cartoons."

Unfortunately i do not have access to the vehicle right now and i have no idea what she is talking about.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is why women should not be allowed near motor vehicles.....sorry ladies.

wait just got clarification.....the "dumbbell thingy" is maybe an anvil? i dont know...Thanks folks

Old 03-12-2007, 01:49 AM

????? Good Luck!

But Seriously, given what you describe I would check the simplest thing first and see if it's maybe a loose battery cable that jars loose when a bump is hit. I have had a similar problem in another vehicle when all of the check lights come on but the veh won't start or just shuts off. The battery was making enough of a connection to have power but not start the veh. Could also check the main ground. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere though.

And again, good luck.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 PM

I am having the exact same problem with my 2000 rodeo. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 AM

The problem ended up being her main engine wiring harness

Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. Was it a loose wire (easy fix)or did they have to replace the harness.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:18 PM

the whole harness had to be replaced

Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 PM

Thank you for your help.