Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

1991 Rodeo: Electrical FUBAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM

Hi new to these forums just wanna relay to all you guys what I have going on with my 1991.

Ive had it for about 9 months now and I replaced the started about 5 months ago, but here is where the electrical trouble comes in play:

Every since I owned it ( even the previous owner told me about this) I can be driving down the road in 5th gear and all of a sudden the rpm drops and goes dead- ie will not crank back up. the only way to get it to crank again is to tap the fuse box under the hood then it cranks up like new. well i haven't concerned myself with this being a major problem yet but as we get deeper into the scenario:

about a month ago my cd player quit working... it turns on when i start it up then 2 seconds later it loses all power. now the fun part:

Monday I went to crank my baby for work: I got nothing... just some clicking noises and a drained electrical system. the longer I held it in crank the less power it got until it was bled dry. I can have the key in the ignition and no problem i get the beeping noise from the doors being open blah blah... however when i turn the key ( not to start) but to power the stereo and air conditioner... the draining takes place .

well I took off the battery and the alternator and had them both tested... they came back fine and in good health, and with me replacing that starter and it basically being brand new... im starting to run out of options besides the solenoid or a wire grounded out somewhere.
does anyone have any suggestions or have heard of anyone having some trouble like this before? could the CPU have anything to do with it?

thanks.

Michael.