General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Squeaky truck! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Hi, I drive a squeaky '98 Isuzu Hombre.
The squeaks will occur about 5 minutes after being on the road. It comes from underneath the car - can't tell exactly where but definitly front end. The squeaks go along with the wheel as it turns. So ever 1 turn of the wheel I get 1 squeak. When at full speed it's obviously one big long squeak. When I apply my breaks - the squeak goes away (I think this may rule out bad break pads). The squeak is independant of the transmission as when I'm in neutral and coasting down the highway it will still squeak as much as if I was in gear. Again though - everytime I apply my breaks it goes away. On days that it rains the squeaks take longer to show up then dry days. My conclusion is something needs to be lubed but I don't know what =/

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 PM

It could be your hood...i have a 2000 isuzu rodeo and had a similar thing going on...it was my hood...all it was , was the two rubber screw things that hold pressure on the hood needed to be adjusted cuz they werent on the hood and the hood was bouncin up and down while going down the road...possible that could be your solution too...

idk for sure

Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Squeaky,

I guess you got to your problem, but applying the brakes won't rule them out as the casuse of your squeaking/squealing.

Originally Posted by SqueakyHombre

Hi, I drive a squeaky '98 Isuzu Hombre.
The squeaks will occur about 5 minutes after being on the road. It comes from underneath the car - can't tell exactly where but definitly front end. The squeaks go along with the wheel as it turns. So ever 1 turn of the wheel I get 1 squeak. When at full speed it's obviously one big long squeak. When I apply my breaks - the squeak goes away (I think this may rule out bad break pads). The squeak is independant of the transmission as when I'm in neutral and coasting down the highway it will still squeak as much as if I was in gear. Again though - everytime I apply my breaks it goes away. On days that it rains the squeaks take longer to show up then dry days. My conclusion is something needs to be lubed but I don't know what =/

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance!