Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

2001 Trooper - Electrical problems

Old 10-12-2006, 02:14 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
I had my transmissions serviced and within 5 days started having electrical problems. (I am now leaking transmission fluid but that is another problem) First my radio and clock quit. Then my blower on my a/c won't work. Then my door locks quit last night. A friend checked fuses andsaid a power indicator spikes on the fuse for the radio. Replacing the fuse for the power door locks fixed them. I have had problems in the past with the power locks - the remote only opens the drivers door, the driver door button is the only one that opens all the doors - but I could live with that. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts on this before everything quits working.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:28 PM

Did you get your heater fan to work again? Mine just stopped too.

Thanks for any info

John

Old 11-20-2006, 12:36 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
I'll ask the guy that fixed it (my daughter's boyfriend - he's a mechanic but has no experience with Isuzus) but I think the fuses are not correctly marked and it was a fuse. If he tells me anything different later I'll let you know. My newest problem is my driver side mirror won't retract but the other side still works. I am a real estate appraiser and that feature really was handy for taking photos from inside the vehicle since it got the mirror out of the way. And it is leaking antifreeze but only sometimes. I am probably going to bite the bullet and take mine into an Isuzu dealership and try to get all this fixed. And not only will that cost a small fortune but the closest one is about 90 miles from my house. Let me know how yours turns out.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:50 PM

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

John

Old 11-27-2006, 02:13 PM

Did you ever get a chance to ask your daughter's boyfriend about how he fixed the blower fan?

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving

John

Old 11-27-2006, 04:28 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
I asked him and he said mine was only the fuse and that one was correctly marked so he put a new fuse in and it has been OK since. Have you tried the fuse yet? If you have and it didn't work I can ask him what is the next thing to try. Had a good weekend but my daughter had never been shopping the day after Thanksgiving so we went but not early. That was not fun but was not as bad as I thought it would be. It just made me tired. Back to work today and had an email from a banker first thing asking about a report I was working on. Back to reality but at least I have work to do!

Old 11-27-2006, 05:17 PM

You're a brave soul shopping the day after T'giving!

I did try the fuse (at least the one marked as the correct fuse). If you could ask him the next thing to check that'd be great.

Thanks

Old 12-05-2006, 12:03 AM

if your vehicle is have strange electrical problems check the alt output if more then 14.2 volts the votage reg is not working properly and you need to replace the alt

Old 12-05-2006, 10:53 AM

Thanks. That will be easy to check. (Un)fortunately (not sure which) the blower is the only thing that isn't working. There are no other symptoms of the alternator problem that so many have had, but it's worth checking.

Thanks!

John

Old 12-05-2006, 10:19 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
John,

Sorry I have not replied sooner. I had a minor family emergency and then got behind on work. Isaw the comment above about the alternator and I'll check to see if that ispart of my problem too. I finally asked my daughter's boyfriend, the mechanic about the next thing to check for the blower problem. I hope I say this where it makes sense. He said to check at the fuse to be sure there is power from it and then the next thing to check is in the dash at the fan motor to see if the power is getting through to it. If the power is going through to it he said you may need a new fan motor. If I he gives me any more advice I'll pass it along. Good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Trooper - Electrical problems