General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Rough Driving - Isuzu Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:40 PM

I just recently purchase a 88 Isuzu I-Mark. It is a little sedan. It is in very good condition with the exception of the visors that need to replaced. Recently its waterpump and timing belt was replaced. It is an automatic. Being a new owner and not knowing much of the Isuzu, I am not sure where to start.

It has suddenly started giving me some driving problems. It starts well and drives smooth until it has warmed up a little, then is starts to act up. It would sort of "hiccup" while driving and then also sounds like i"rough idle" while driving or like it is using only 3 cylinders or the spark plug are shot. It does not have any power at that time. If I let go of the gas pedal, it eases off a little, but as soon as I give gas, it starts all over again.

It does this intermittently and not every day. The other day is hardly gave me any trouble.I have not started looking yet, as it was checked over bya mechanic beforeI bought it about a month ago.

I hope someone can help.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

kinda sounds like a fuel delivery problem.after it warms up the carb may need adjusting .check fuel filter ,an make sure it not running lean after warm up.check wires for arching when wet.wouldnt be a bad idea to check compression also.88yr how many miles now?my mother had one of those cars it wouldnt die for nothing [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]i hated working on it ,but i must say it was a.....beep........ good car.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 AM

This 88 Isuzu is in mint condition with exception of the visors that I need to replace due to small tears in the vinyl. It only has 69,000 miles on the odometer. It drives really well, but not a fast car, so I don't think mine is turbo as I see some are.

Do you know where I can find a repair book on this car??

We will start doing some checking, now that we know where and whatto start checking, thanks.........