Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Hello all I am now a Trooper owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Hi all been on this forum for bit to learn a bit about the Isuzu product.

Well I did it just picked up this weekend a 1998 Trooper Black with silver or platinum two tone cladding. 96k on the clock and well cared for. So far so good. Man this vehicle is spacious lots of features too. By the way have a few questions if I may. How can I tell if thishas an LSD rear?I have heard that the Troopers area slow in the performance realm can you tell me what they are comparing it too. This is a full framed truck after all. When is a good time to change transmission and filter too? Lastly any one parting out and 97 or 98 looks likeI cracked that black mud flap or is it mud guard on drivers side rear or maybe it was cracked and I did not noticed when I picked it up.

Oh almost forgot I would like to convert it from auto hub to manual it that an issue? Just trying to save wear and tear.

Thanks

Greg from PhillyEdited by: M4MIATA

Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM

To tell if it's an LSD, jack the entire rear end up, and spin one of the wheels...if the other spins, then you have LSD...if the other remains stationary, then you do not have LSD.

I don't consider my '96 Trooper to be "slow"...it's ok. But, of course, it's a truck!

I don't know the answer to your hubs question...sorry.

David

Old 06-29-2006, 04:02 PM

Thanks David for info. I was only relaying what I read about this vehicle onbeing slow. I can not see what they are talking about. I am suprised on the oats it has. Especially for a so-called tank.

Any other takers on the Auto to Manual hubs?

Thanks again

Greg[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

dont waste your money an time putting on manual hubs,unlike most 4wd.isuzus dont lock at the wheels.esp 98 an up.they lock electronicall at the ft differential.when you push the 4wd button an actuator moves a slider at the end of the ft axel.pepole who switch to manual hubs are just creating more work for themselves,for what a computor will do for them.your not going to save any wear an tear.an your rear diff is not limited slip on that yr.i suggests for good operationif you planning on 4 wheeling alot.is to just make sure wheel bearing are well greased an changing the axal fluids to synthetic.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

oh i may stand corrected your rodeo may have the limited slip option the 2wd one didnt