Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Everything’s going wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:06 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. I bought it three years ago and luckily got a warrenty plan to go with it. Since I've got it I've had to replace the main switch (windows/locks) on the driver's side. I've also replaced the engine and something on the front axle that was causing this grinding noise/feeling.

My newest problem is threefold. The cd player will not eject my cds (they've been in there a year) or allow me to put any more in, the automatic locks don't work (from the switch or the remote) and my 4WD will not work. I can deal with the locks and thecd player, it's just a pain, but the 4WD is necessary!!I live in a very snowysecluded place by myself! I've had to call people 2x in the past week to pullmy helpless vehicle out ofthe snow. Sorry,I needed to vent.

Here's the deal. The 4WD indicaterlight flashes and then remains on (like it's suppossed to).Everything indicates that the 4WD is working, but it's not!! Doesanyone have any ideasabout what it might be or how to fix it?!? It's such a helpless vehicle in 2WD when theweather's really bad!
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM

Check THIS POST for tips on trouble shooting the 4wd. Even though your light goes solid it might help in tracking down the problem. I have known 1 4wd controler computer to go bad. He was able to shift into low range, but the front axle wasnt engaging.< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-06-2008, 11:34 AM

Hi
I have an 01' Rodeo and I love my truck especially since its fully pd off =)
But like you everything is going bad.
1st the drivers control for the left rear window went out, No biggie...but annoying.
Then my 6 CDs are stuck as well, No biggie because I use my MP3 player now but still very annoying.
Just recently my sunroof won't open fully only the moon roof, and now my right rear brake light is dead and its not the bulb. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
Last year it was my fuel intake sensor which we replaced but MAN!
Ok so is there something I can do to repair all this or is it a bunch og little things?[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM

My experience with my beloved 2000 rodeo is a host of all the common
problems you''ve read on this forum. If I didn''t know better, the 2000
rodeo has an expiration date of 8 years. Thats when all the switch
problems and everything kick in. Thank goodness for this forum, or I''d
be broke by now fixing this truck!! Wish you luck!