Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Trooper repair manuals

Old 01-15-2005, 10:56 AM

I just purchased a 1999 Trooper. I was wandering if anyone has found a repair manual that covers this model year, for instance a Chiltons book. I have found a Chiltons for models up to 1996?, but nothing that covers any later models. I am waiting to get a Chiltonsmanual, from my library,that covers SUV's for my year to see if it is worth buying. Also, has anyone used the maintenance CD from the guy on e-bay that sells them? It appears he is has maintenance manuals on CD for just about any vehicle and I wanted to know if you had experience with them and how generic it was. Thanks for any help!

Old 01-27-2005, 10:39 AM

I would strongly recommend against the Chilton's manuals. I have a 91' Rodeo and a 97' Trooper and use the Haynes manual with very much success for my Rodeo. I also have a Chilton's manual for the same vehicle and compare them frequently and there is no comparison. The Haynes manual provides actual photos and specifications in terms of how much voltage and ohms you should be looking for while trouble shooting. I have used my Haynes manual to trouble shoot my Rodeo for years and am amazed everytime I use it because of the details that make the differencebetween success or failure. If I hadn't had the Haynes manual I would have paid bucoos bucks for repair. The Chilton manuals provide only drawings and sketches as opposed to photos and this alone can make a hugh difference when your trying to find something that your not familiar with.

As for a manual for your Trooper I could not find one formy 97' Trooper either but the manual I bought for my Rodeo has everything I need to know about the entire drive train for both vehicles. The Haynes manual discusses three different drive trains which fortunately covers both my Rodeo and myTrooper. Needless to say I am very satisfied with Haynes manuals and have stopped looking for a Trooper specific manual.

Hope this helps.

bbusbee