Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

No brake lights!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 AM

Ok i just found out last night that my brake lights are not working. Thats all three brake lights...Now I have two lights on still on my dash, the rear abs light and the e-brake light. Anyone had this problem before or have any idea what would fail in this system? There are a few relays in the underhood fuse box that look old and kind of burnt. There is one for the rear abs system that i plan on replacing. I figure it is a dealer item, i tried to call yesterday to get a price on it and they needed the vin # which i didn't have so i will have to call back today. If anyone has any ideas where i should look for this problem first i would really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Old 11-10-2007, 04:33 PM

I still can't figure it out and the relay i want to buy is $45 from the dealer which sucks. Still no ideas? anyone?

Old 11-11-2007, 02:23 PM

So i talked with my dad and we checked that relay, it worked. There was another one that is attached to that back of the under-dash fuse box that i was concerned about and that relay was good too. Whenever i wiggle it though the lights flickered on and off so i went over all of the connections with elecrtical grease and tried to make them tighter by sticking a screwdriver in the female end and bending them a bit. It worked at first and my brake lights were functional for about 30 seconds, then i heard clicking down by the gear selector and the lights began to flicker and came back on. (the dummy lights on the dash) and then my brake lights stopped working again. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] So i had em workin then they quit, i decided to call it a day and pull the trooper out of the garage, but my fuel pump took a crap...[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] I'm starting to get turned off of this trooper...

Old 12-02-2007, 10:44 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
have you fixed the problem? What was it?
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>