Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Snow plowing with Izusu Rodeo 1994

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Has anyone ever attempted to snowplow with a light type plow for only personal plowing at one's own residence? If so, how did it go and what would I have to do to the vehicle to beef it up to do such a thing? Thanks Joe S.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:13 PM

If that is what you want to do, a few things will help. I have never shopped for plows that will fit a Rodeo but if you have found one you will need to do these things to be the best darn plower you can be. First you will need a good set of snow tires with studs, second you need some weight to give those tire some traction so go buy a couple hundred pounds of something cheap like dirt or salt and throw it in the back. Next you will want to install some good fog lights for night plowing ( if the plow is not equipt with lights) you will have to install them out to the sides or on a light bar on the roof. Invest in a good winch, a 5k lbs. capacity, you will probably get stuck if you are doing a large area and you dont have anyone around to pull you out. As far as your engine is concerned you should be fine with stock, if you plan to drive around with he plow on the front it will pull the front end down, if you have a solid axel in front you can add a helper spring, if you have IFS you can tighten the tor. bars. It has 4 wheel drive I hope? Let us know how things work.[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]