Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Oil pressure drops at low rpm’s-93 3.2L

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 AM

hello everyone, i just bought a 93 trooper ls with the 3.2 dohc motor. It was very dirty inside and out when i bought it, i worked hard cleaning it and now it looks great.

It runs great but once it is warmed up and the rpm's drop under 1500 or so i lose oil pressure. I searched other threads on this forum and couldn't find an answer to why this was happening. My first thoughts were the oil pump is shot or the crank bearings are worn. Can anyone help me on this? The check engine light also comes on but turns of as i slow down.

Another problem i am having is my rear abs light is on along with the e-brake light. There was one other thread in here that mentioned this problem, but no resolution was found. i was just wondering if anyone may have come across this problem before and knew the solution. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:12 AM

Hi, I've got a 94 with the same motor. I had much the same problem with oil pressure. I eventually tore the motor down AFTER replacing the oil pump which did not help, and found it was worn main bearings. I was running a 5w30 oil and in retrospect I think I could have run a heavier weight oil and been fine for quite a while longer.

ONe guys opinion.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM

I have a '97 with the 3.2 and thought I was haveing the same problem. I looked in the owners manual and it showed that it was still with in the normal range. I dont have it here in front of me but normal was pretty low on the gauge.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Tripjax...

The brake light problems was a simple fix, for me anyway. Check your brake fluid level. It's probably low. Go ahead and get some DOT3 brake fluid and top it off.

Low brake fluid is also a sign that your brakes are getting worn. You might want to check those out too.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Just changed the oil in it to 20-50. The oil pressure is doing much better now, still gets a little low but it will last for a while. My check engine light was still coming on so i took it to the dealer just to get the codes read. Got code 32-EGR valve, and code 14-coolant temperature sensor. I know the temp sensor was just replaced so i think the code just wasn't cleared yet. As for the EGR valve i think i'm just going to replace it.

Now the ABS light and e-brake light, i figured that out too. I can get them to go on and off by wiggling the wireson the bottom of the fuse box in the engine bay. The first thing i did was check the brake fluid and the pads, they were all good. So it's just a minor short in the harness somewhere.

I can't beleive it i picked up this '93 with 133k miles on it for $550. Just needed cleaned up and tweaked a little and it runs amazing! Thanks again for all the help guys...