Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

97 Rodeo Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Bought a 97 Rodeo for my son who is in college (about 2.5 hours away). He said he's afraid he blew a fuse, the dome light and radio don't work. I'm not familiar with fuses, and have searched around on internet looking for information on checking or replacing fuses. Haven't found anything. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Usually you can just pull the fuse out and look at it to see if its burnt out. Sometimes though they look ok but arent. I bought a fuse kit at checker auto parts that had a combination fuse puller/checker with it. Just touch the pins to the end of the fuse and it tells you if its ok. Its similar to THIS ONE

Sometimes fuses get weak and just blow for no apparent reason, or it could be a problem. I dont know of any reason both of those things would be connected together. Just have to replace blown fuses and see if it happens again to be sure there is a problem somewhere.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:05 PM

The fuse panel is in one of two places. Under the dash, or on the side of the dash facing out the drivers door. Go to checker and buy a fuse kit, wally world will be a bit cheaper. Pull the fuse marked as Radio, and the fuse marked as dome light. Replace them with the same size fuse. Unless the previose owner did a little rigging of his own, the two should not be connected at all. Has an after market Stereo been installed? If so, it may have been installed by someone who didn't quite know what they were doing and tied those two legs together. Let us know what he findes. Good luck.[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]Edited by: Keefbikes

Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
While this is an old post, I experienced the same problem and have been looking around to find an answer.

I pulled the fuses originally and they looked okay, but I'll get a fuse checker to see. If the original post'er is still on here, I wonder, did you ever find the problem?
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>