Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Flashing TOD

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:32 PM

i have a 2001 Trooper. when i push the 4wd button, it does not engage in 4wd high. it just keeps flashing. any advice on what is going on? what is the fix? should i take it to the dealer?

thanks

Old 09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
the torque on demand lights,.....usaully the 2 speed sensors on the transfer case are shorted.isuzu charges a ridiculos price for the sensors,or the mgnetic clutch inside the transfer case is open,tod SYSTEM does output codes for this but the dealer need to access them.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
oh an one more note........are you seeing the red CHECK light flashing or are you seeing just the 2 bottom green lights flashing? dont confuse the two these are kinda 2 different systems but they do work together.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:27 PM

i have not seen the red check engine light. i only see the flashing rear wheels once i push the 4wd button.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

thats good,you dont actually have a tod problem then,its just not engaging in 4wd.if you havent used 4wd inawhile sometimes the servo sticks in place or the most common the vacuum switching valves on the ft diff are bad.to access them just look under at the ft of the diff an there is a small skid shield covering them.they have a bunch of vacuum hoses going to it.if you have had work done recently make sure someone didnt knock off the vacuum hose off the intake.its the hose underneath the engine cover with the black an orange filter inline with it.the valves are like 60 buck if i remember right.you can do it yourself just becareful where all those vacuum hoses went

Old 12-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ISUZUGURU
thats good,you dont actually have a tod problem then,its just not engaging in 4wd.if you havent used 4wd inawhile sometimes the servo sticks in place or the most common the vacuum switching valves on the ft diff are bad.to access them just look under at the ft of the diff an there is a small skid shield covering them.they have a bunch of vacuum hoses going to it.if you have had work done recently make sure someone didnt knock off the vacuum hose off the intake.its the hose underneath the engine cover with the black an orange filter inline with it.the valves are like 60 buck if i remember right.you can do it yourself just becareful where all those vacuum hoses went
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

You just helped me a bunch! The shop that did my tranny rebuild couldn't figure this out (the TOD worked going in and only flashed with no red check light coming out). I wonder how much I should charge them on your behalf in helping diagnose? Thanks much!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
i have the same problem the switches come only in a set at a cost of 189.54 here i have been looking use and coming up empty
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>