Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

1988 trooper issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 PM

I have an 88 trooper 4 cyl.

Driving home the other day and my A/C stopped or at least the blower? Most of my idiot lights came on including battery,O2,oil,gas.

I made it home and turned the ignition off. I turned it back on and the warning lights are all still on and the car runs for awhile than stops. Almost like its not getting gas. I changed out the fuel filter,O2 sensor,distributor(crank sensor). I had one trouble code on the computer, 4 flashes, pause, 1 flash. My manual indicated that code was for a crank sensor, or the wiring. I put a new distributor in. Still the same problem. I'm begining to think that code was from the past owner, and just never erased it. I unhooked the gas line from the tank to the filter (where the fuel pump is), plenty of gas coming out of it when I start it? It almost seems like a sensor or electrical problem.

Running out of guesses!!!! Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by brody11

I have an 88 trooper 4 cyl.

Driving home the other day and my A/C stopped or at least the blower? Most of my idiot lights came on including battery,O2,oil,gas.

I made it home and turned the ignition off. I turned it back on and the warning lights are all still on and the car runs for awhile than stops. Almost like its not getting gas. I changed out the fuel filter,O2 sensor,distributor(crank sensor). I had one trouble code on the computer, 4 flashes, pause, 1 flash. My manual indicated that code was for a crank sensor, or the wiring. I put a new distributor in. Still the same problem. I'm begining to think that code was from the past owner, and just never erased it. I unhooked the gas line from the tank to the filter (where the fuel pump is), plenty of gas coming out of it when I start it? It almost seems like a sensor or electrical problem.

Running out of guesses!!!! Any Ideas?

Thanks.

reset the ECU (computer) and see what happens.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:23 AM

Is there another way to reset it other than just unplugging the plugs from the computer? That's what I did a couple of days ago.

It removed the code but I still have the warning lights and the car trouble.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:02 AM

pull the ECU fuse and let it sit for a little while. Generally I also pull the negative on the battery as well.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Check your alternator. If it is not charging correctly the lights will not go out, and will affect fuel pump operation. also check your grounds. I have seen alot with the ground on the back of the head and the valve cover missing.
Goodluck

Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 AM

After finally giving in and taking my isuzu to the shop, turns out all it was was a bad alternator. Not enough juice to run the A/C, and also why I had all the dash lights. I just don't understand why the car didnt give me a trouble code for the alternator? Good call NCISUZUTECH. I should have just purchased a new alternator. I just didn't want to keep buying parts, not knowing for sure.Edited by: brody11