Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Problems with a/c, blower, loss of charge

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM

I just bought a 95 Rodeo from a neighbor who swore it never had any major problems.. after having it for only about 5 days..while sitting at a light, the A/C and blower motor just quit.. no rattles, clanks, or strange noises.. then all warning lights came of the dash.. battery, fuel, check engine, brakes.. everything!. Next day, auto parts store said check relays..I swapped a couple around..ie horn for ac compressor, etc.. but didn't change. Later that evening, (a day after the initial fail.) Driving at night.. alternator shows discharge.. lights, dimmed, "check Transmission" began blinking.. and it started losing all power.. wouldn't hardly go. I have it in a shop right now, but was wondering if anybody else experienced this type problem, so I can pass it on to the mechanic. Oh yeah.. forgot.. only thing that seemed "wrong" when first bought.. odometer and trip meter both not working.. and "check engine" came on occasionally.. not too often. Only driven by me maybe 175 miles since purchase.. Odometer stopped on 212480.

Really love the thing, but sure can't stand any major problems right now!!Edited by: donandsue2

Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM

All signs of a bad alternator. Isuzu designed these trucks so if the alt starts to fail it will shut down 'non essential' equipment, the a/c and fan belong in that catagory. Isuzus are very sensitive to having the proper power so when the alt fails it does all kinds of strange things.

Along with them being sensative comes the problem of getting the right replacement alternator. The only ones that have been proven to last without a problem are rebuilt by Bosch, OEM, and Napa. Those who have used big box store alternators had them fail within a few months or not work at all. You might want to replace the battery at the same time as well. When the alternator dies it can kill the battery quickly.