Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

94 Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I just completed my first year with my first Isuzu.

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out why my truck dash lights (only the "Low Gas, E-Brake & Battery light") illuminate when i"m driving. The lights will go on for a while and then off again. When they do come on, I can hear a click and the cabin fan also cuts off in the truck as well.

Could it be a starter relay circuit problem or Ignition switch or something else that I have not thought of yet.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 PM

I have a 1993 Trooper, 5 speed manual, SOHC. And mine started doing this EXACT thing you describe. I just got it back from a local mechanic, he did not find what was wrong.[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] Did you find what was causing this? Please say Yes!

Old 09-01-2007, 12:05 AM

I bet your alternator is going out. Mine has gone out three times now and that is the combo of lights you get. You will know it is the problem if the AC quits or goes off and on to. 93 & 94 have a problem with the wiring harness that goes to the alternator. It rubs and eventually shorts it out. When it is about dead it will do what you are talking about.