Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

OIL PUMP PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 AM

please help me...i think my oil pump is going out on my 1994 Isuzu rodeo 6cyl. 4x4 ...the oil pressure gauge drops and the truck doesn't have as much power as it didn when i first bought it. can someone maybe point me in the right direction on how to repair it or something. please.</font>

Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

the oil psi maybe fine,isuzu had inaccurate gauge for those yrs,the gauge would almost go to zero at idle.your power lkose maybe created by somthing else.get the oil psi checked with a manual gauge for a sure reading then go from there.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:18 PM

oh...so do you know what the problem could be.....if so..please let me know...if not....then where can i get the oil preasure liek a mechanic shop or the dealer...please let me know..you gave me hope....if you can help please and thank you</font>

Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

is the engine knocking ?other than the common valve train lifter tick? is it the 3.2l?,also i think you can pick up an oil psi gauge a autozone or pepboys,a good local parts store,if its the 3.2,by the oil filter theres a sending unit,remove the sender an hook up your manual gauge there.run the engine still its hot or long enough when you know the oil psi would drop.see what the gauge reads? i never seen a oil pump go bad on a 3.2l or 2.6,2.3,mostly rod bearing problems,if the engine doesnt start knocking or rattling when you see the gauge drop.you still have oil psi.any check engine lights?

Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM

&lt;font size="4"&gt;hey thanks. no check engine lights..other than my break light..and lokc hub light thing..that happened after i disconnected the battery cuz i was hooking up my system...its the 3.2 4X4 truck. and yes it knocks. the oil psi is fine when i first strat it....and once it gets hot adn the oil psi drops..and liek you said..at idle it drops damn near to 0. and i think it may be the train lifter tick..how can i tell. your great..thnks alot for yoru help and taking the time in reading this. i would perfer if you would email me to my yahoo. i check that more often. i mean if you dont mind

pushofthetides@yahoo.com&lt;/font&gt;

Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

your the opposite of me,i check this more than my e-mail.its proably now 300 or more unopened messages there now.you can easily tell if the lifters are worn,it literaly sounds like a sewing machine,well also since you said it knocking thatas the indication of rod bearing failure.dont even worry about the pwr lose now.the engine is damaged.the oil psi if dropping because of the excessive bearing clearance,oil get thin the hotter it gets,you can try changing your oil an switcing to 20/50 with the lucas additive to by you some time.it wont repair anything if it already knocking but you maybe able to drive it alittle further until it seizes.and it may keep your oil psi up at least from zero after evenit warms up.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:24 PM

are you serious..there is no fixing it now??!?! damn man..an you had given me hope...and it does sound liek a sewing machine....the knocking isnt all loud and sh*t..its light liek a sewing machine...hope that helps a little...</font>