Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

electrics-fuel pump-dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Travelling at highway speed last week and the battery light, hand-brake light and low fuel indicator flickered a few times, then came on strongly. Later inspection showed the oil light on faintly. 10 minutes later the fuel pump packed up. Determining that it was an electrical problem, I hot-wired the pump to get home. I made the mistake of going to the only auto-electrician in the district who informed me that my alternator was broken. Clever how an alternator can keep a battery fully charged but not power a little fuel pump. So I eventually paid offthe scoundrel with my car in the same state I had left it that morning. But I was changed. Wiser, perhaps, but certainly relieved of that heavy weight I was carrying in my wallet (that was poetic licence, actually I paid by credit card). If money IS the root of all evil, that probably explains my feelings as I limped home on Tuesday evening. I thought that before I indulged in a little more auto-electrician masochism, I might ask if anyone had ever come across a similar problem, and what the solution is.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:26 PM

I forgot to say what vehicle I've got. It's a 1990 Rodeo, 2.6 4 cylinder fuel injected petrol (gasoline) motor. It's rebadged here as a Holden, but, apart from the badge, I believe it's pure Isuzu. And a great vehicle for the bush too, I might add.

sequel: car fixed. Auto-electrician cleverly put the wrong alternator in. I might ring him tomorrow!Edited by: andy9510